Thursday, January 3, 2008

Enduro3 - love those days


ENDURO3.A team sport, an Adventure Race tests the competitors' physical and mental endurance। The thrill and challenge is such that, even completing a race is often considered a victory. NECC NEF Enduro3, the adventure race is not about strength , but about strategy. It's about planning and proceeding. Physical Fitness is only one aspect. The race tests the participating team's Endurance, Team Spirit, Crisis Management and Decision making.

This year the race is scheduled on 8-9th February 2008

Enduro3- A Race divided into two broad categories: Professionals and Amateurs with many more sub categories. The category difference defines the distance. Professional Category covers a larger distance than the Amatuers. In the year 2006 when I participated Amateurs was 120 kms and the Professional was 175 kms.

I was lucky to participate with NDA, which is an experience in itself. The cadets have the best level of fitness. The officers in charge plan every practice session in acutely. To participate with the prestigious National Defence Adademy, Khadakwasala, popularly known as The NDA is a great experience. The practice sessions were tough, well planned by the Academy. Yes, the cadets do face a problem in slowing down, but they all do it happily. Officers regularly in contact with us were Sqn Ldr Kutty, Lt. Tushantant and Lt. Ashok. My team mates were Cdt Archit Goswami and Cdt Rohit Bhat. Goswami and me never got along during the practice sessions, we fought, I cried, he was scolded by his senior officers and I really liked when he was scolded . I promised my self, never ever will I see Goswami after Enduro3. Bhatt was a little more understanding and a man of patience, I promised to be in touch with him. He knew that I could make it and continued to encourage me. Other Cadets like Dhamija, Gunde, Kane, Swayee, A Jain, Khursheed, Anand, Das, D Pandey, A Pandey, Arun VP, Dalai and P K Singh cheered, appreciated and encouraged. P K Singh, was the cadet whose team had to quit because of an injury to a team mate but he continued to complete the Race with my team. He is a strong chap and a very good orator. He kept my mind busy all the race day and dint give me an opportunity to think that I was tired. He told me one thing that I even follow today 'Tiredness in Mental.' He gave me many examples to prove this point.

The Race day were the most memorable days. Goswami did not even fight once, and Bhatt was as good as always. Together we made it from ghats, mountains, plains, fields and rivers. We went at an amazing speed. And even reached the Bhalavadi Time Control exactly at 11h45. We had even reached before some teams from Bombay Sappers and the people who saw us reach applauded us for our timing [:)]. Being the first Mix team gave us confidence.

Th race day continued and we knew that we were ahead and leading, but because of some tactics, the opposite team of Bombay Sappers which was trailing by 45 mins now had a lead of 1 hour. We knew we had to get this down but it was difficult. The patch from Bhalawadi to Panshet water sports cente at night at 23h-2h were the toughest and the best.

Finally the race was over, and we won. Silver medalist made me feel so confident. I received accolades for this performance. An article on me was printed in a famous Marathi daily newspaper.

Enduro3 gave me many things. Self confidence, that I survived through a toughest race. Fame, I was known and appreciated everywhere. Friends, Life long friends. I am still in touch with Goswami and continues to be my favourite team mate and P K Singh is my very good friend. Words are not sufficient to say what I achieved. All I know is that If I can survive in Enduro3 I can achieve anything.

I owe this success to My family, who supported me in every step. My mother, Madhuri Pingle and brother Gauarv Pingle were always there and encouraged and supported me the most at every point. Gauarv Sultania, he himself had completed this race and stood fourth in the Pro Category in 2005, he had the exact advice to give me. The NDA, who gave me an opportunity to participate, see the beautiful academy. My Team mates and the entire Enduro party from NDA.

This year Enduro3 is scheduled on the 8th and 9th of February 2008. I would love you to be part of this, and I want to help you in everyway I can.

I am waiting for Enduro 2008! What about you?



6 comments:

Gautam said...

this is an interesting event. is there any website where i cd get more info?

Sportlover said...

Hey,

please contact me on mansi2004@gmail.com

I am helping them manage teams...:)
waiting for u r email

Ravi said...

Hi Mansi.
Thaks a lot for your help.
I have got a team to participate with.
~ Ravi

dream chaser said...

mansi...hell of a good start...keep it up!!!!

Capricorn 83 said...

Hi Mansi,
happened to read this blog of urs thru bikersforum...am totally new to this 'pro' stuff! jus happened to hear abt the 'enduro3' stuff! its really tooo short a time to prepare for this...am sure to be there in 09

Goodluck..Go for gold :)
Cheers,
Vignesh Raja

Rupali Bhagwat said...

he please let me know how ur enduro 2008 happened ..... very eager to listen ...... u may mail me personally if u cant write on orkut .... i can take some guidance form u.....
waiting for ur reply
Rupali